WORLDSymposium Poster Presenter FAQs
- Do I have to pay for my own registration and hotel?
Poster presenters are responsible for all of their own expenses, including registration, hotel and all other travel expenses. Register by January 4, 2019 to take advantage of early registration discounts. A limited block of discounted rooms at the Hyatt Regency Orlando will be available until January 4, 2019 or when the room block fills, whichever comes first.
- Is there a preferred printing vendor onsite at the Hyatt Regency Orlando for poster printing?
- 11th Hour is the preferred poster print vendor, located onsite at the Hyatt Regency Orlando on the Convention Level.
- The standard poster size is 38″x38″. No exceptions.
- The price will be $50.00 each plus tax, no rush fees to produce with 24 hour turnaround.
- Same day price will be $67.50 each plus tax, and those can be turned around within 2 hours.
- A print ready PDF file is needed for production.
- Please copy the following email and use for all posters to be sent for production:
- Please note in the email that your poster file is for WORLDSymposium 2019
- Please include in the email the date and time needed.
- Guests can pay via credit card, cash, or room charge upon pick up. Poster will not be released without payment.
- If someone different will be picking up the order other than the person who ordered the poster printing via email, please note that in the email to 11th Hour. Payment will still be needed prior to releasing poster.
- What size is the poster?
NEW FOR 2019: The maximum size for all posters is 38″ x 38″.
- Is it allowed to put a QR code on the poster?
Yes, it is allowed to put a QR code on the poster to access the poster content.
- Do I need to bring my own tacks for my poster?
No, push pins will be provided.
- Do I need to put up my own poster?
Yes. PLEASE READ the information below carefully – posters may not be placed until their assigned times. Poster sessions will be in the Regency Ballroom located on the Convention Level of the Hyatt Regency Orlando.
Tuesday, February 5 from 4:30‐6:30 PM
Wednesday, February 6 from 4:30‐6:30 PM.
Poster presenters with a last name starting with A-L (First Author Last Name) will be assigned to present their poster on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 from 4:30-6:30 PM. Posters can be mounted after 3:00 PM on Monday or anytime on Tuesday, but must be mounted no later than 4:00 PM on Tuesday, and will need to be removed after the Tuesday poster sessions ends.
Poster presenters with a last name starting with M-Z (First Author Last Name) AND all late-breaking authors will be assigned to the poster session on Wednesday, February 6, 20189, from 4:30-6:30 PM. Posters may be mounted anytime on Wednesday, but must be mounted no later than 4:00 PM on Wednesday, and will need to be removed after the poster sessions ends. Late-breaking abstract presenters should look for their poster number starting with LB- at the end of the regular poster section.
Your assigned poster number is in the poster listing online, available by clicking here.
There will be push-pins available for you to hang your poster.
- Can I ship my poster to the hotel?
Yes, please address to the package to your attention:
Hyatt Regency Orlando
Attention: NAME OF POSTER PRESENTER
9801 International Drive
Orlando, Florida, USA, 32819
Please be aware, the hotel may charge you a handling fee for receiving your package.
- What are the hours of the poster sessions?
Poster presenters will be assigned to one of two dates:
Tuesday, 2/5 from 4:30 – 6:30 PM
Wednesday, 2/6 from 4:30 – 6:30 PMDates of poster presentations will be assigned 60 days prior to the scientific meeting and communicated to the first author of the accepted abstract. Poster presenters are required to be in attendance at their poster for their assigned timeframe.
- When do I have to take my poster down?
Posters need to be taken down at the end of your assigned session. Tuesday posters will need to be removed by 7:00 PM on Tuesday. Wednesday posters will need to be removed by 7:00 PM on Wednesday. Any unclaimed posters will be discarded at 7:00 PM on Wednesday.
- Who do I contact if I have questions regarding my presentation?
Please submit your request to Amber via the contact form.
- Can I get an international letter of invitation?
Yes. Your meeting registration confirmation will include a link to generate a customized letter of invitation, which can be used when applying for a visa.