Abstract Submissions for WORLDSymposium™ Opens July 1, 2019
Abstract Submissions Opens July 1, 2019 (See below for more info).
Late-Breaking Abstract Submissions – Opens November 1 to December 1, 2019 (Click here for more info).
Abstract Submissions Deadline: October 1, 2019
The deadline for submitting an abstract to WORLDSymposium™ is: 11:59PM CDT October 1, 2019. Any time before the deadline you may return to the submission website to make changes to your abstract, or delete if you no longer want it considered. AFTER OCTOBER 1, 2019, ALL ABSTRACTS ARE CONSIDERED FINAL AND NO CHANGES MAY BE MADE.
Categories for abstract submissions
In addition to the three main categories that have been used in previous years, each category has been further subdivided for 2020. The subcategories are:
- Patient and Patient Advocates eligible for consideration for platform presentation in Emerging Trends
- Disease Mechanisms, Pathology and Biomarkers
- Developing Therapeutic Approaches in Translation from Laboratory to the Clinic
- Implementation and Impact of Newborn Screening
- Clinical Trial Readiness: Preclinical Trial Methods and Studies
- Genetic Therapeutic Approaches in Translation from Laboratory to the Clinic
Clinical Trials for Registration
- Abstracts in the Clinical Trials for Registration category must have an FDA Investigational New Drug (IND) application (Phase I-III clinical trial), an EMA Investigational Medicinal Product Dossier (IMPD), or equivalent.
- The Clinical Outcomes category includes licensed therapies (Phase IV) and non-interventional studies.
- Non-CME platform section specifically for corporate first authors
Abstracts are required to be no more than 300 words in length and may not contain images or figures.
All authors will be asked to confirm the following statements when submitting an abstract: (1) I am submitting this abstract with the intent of attending WORLDSymposium 2020 and presenting; and (2) I confirm that each co-author has been informed of this abstract submission and has agreed to all information as it was submitted.
Note: Authors who submit abstracts are not automatically registered for the meeting. In order to participate in the meeting and make their presentations, authors must register for the meeting and also cover the costs of hotel and travel.
Abstracts must be submitted with the intention that they will be presented if selected. First authors are expected to attend the meeting and make the presentation. Authors should not submit abstracts if they do not plan to attend the meeting. Authors who cannot present as scheduled must notify the WORLDSymposium Planning Committee in advance; authors who fail to do so may not be invited to present at future meetings.
The first-author will be designated to present the work for all submitted abstracts. Please ensure that the first author you list is the person who will be presenting the abstract at the conference. Once submitted, abstracts may not be withdrawn, unless you go back to delete the abstract prior to the December 1 deadline.
All author and co-author contact information and conflict-of-interest information must be provided at the time of abstract submission. Your abstract is not considered complete until you see a green checkbox that states your submission is complete. At that time, you should request a confirmation email to be sent to you and your co-authors. A space is available for you to request email confirmation.
For technical support with the abstract submission system, please contact OASIS: 217-398-1792 (Monday through Friday 9:00 AM -5:00 PM Central Standard Time). For questions regarding deadlines, topics, or other non-technical questions, please contact Amber Brown at email@example.com
It is the policy of WORLDSymposium to publish all abstracts with the list of authors exactly as the abstract was submitted to WORLDSymposium. The first author of the submitted abstract will be listed as the presenting author on the Preliminary Program, Agenda, and Poster List.