Travel to WORLDSymposium™
About Orlando & International Drive (I-Drive)
Orlando has evolved from the hub of Florida’s citrus industry in the 19th century to becoming the country’s number one meeting destination. A world-class destination, the City Beautiful offers a vast variety of entertainment, dining and sight-seeing options. International Drive (I-Drive) is at the heart of Orlando and within walking distance from hundreds of attractions featuring a multitude of restaurants, bars and sight-seeing activities. Learn more about Orlando here.
Visa and Passports
Your meeting registration confirmation will include links to generate a customized letter of invitation. See the Registration page for details.
WORLDSymposium 2019 attendees are encouraged to apply for visas as early as possible – at least 4 to 6 months before the visa is needed. Do not wait until your abstract is accepted to apply. Please check with your local U.S. consulate or embassy to find out the earliest that you may apply for a visa. Registration refunds will not be issued for denied visas. For further information, visit the State Department website.
Visa Application Tips
- Start early: Register for WORLDSymposium 2019 as soon as possible so that your customized letter of invitation can be generated.
- Apply for your visa four (4) to six (6) months before traveling. You should provide your entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of visa application.
- If completing your travel plans is contingent upon early approval of the visa application, specify this at the time of the application.
- Provide proof of scientific status (e.g., proof that you submitted an abstract for the meeting). Do not wait until you receive notification that your abstract submission has been accepted before applying for a visa.
- Bring your English-language resume or CV with a list of published articles and research topics to the U.S. consulate/embassy interview.
- Provide evidence that you intend to return to your country of residence. This includes such information as:
- family ties in current country of residence
- property ownership
- bank account
- employment contract or statement from an employer showing that your position will continue after the dates of travel
- Requirements vary by passport-issuing country and citizenship (not merely residency). Some consulates may have backlogs in scheduling visa interviews, so you should first contact your local consulate to determine what the wait times are for visa interviews. Check the current list of visa interview and processing wait times by country.
Registration and Hotel Booking Scams
There is an increase in the incidence of fraudulent websites, callers and emails posing as official websites, as well as unauthorized housing and registration companies attempting to solicit event attendees. Please note that these websites and solicitations are scams and it is your responsibility to avoid sharing any personal and/or financial information.
WORLDSymposium does not provide any contact details, hotel registration details or conference registration details to third parties. Booking through WORLDSymposium’s official hotel registration link and WORLDSymposium’s official meeting registration link is the only way to ensure your meeting registration and hotel registration are legitimate, your credit card information is secure, and you benefit from all services provided to conference attendees.
If you think you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact the following authorities:
The Internet Fraud Complaint Center
Your local Postal Inspector
The Federal Trade Commission
Learn more information at the National Internet Fraud Watch Information Center.